It was a reference building for the architecture in 1900, one of the most spectacular buildings in this style, thanks to the rich ornamentation. It was commissioned by engineer Moskovits Miksa, who used to live in this building.
The construction was built between 1904-1905 following the plan of Kálmán Rimanóczy Jr., An architect with a special appetite for the Munich secession, called “Lilienstil”. Rimanóczy Jr. gave his imagination a free rein and enriched the two-storey building with vegetal motifs ornaments, creating a spectacular picture.
The façade is full of symbols: the tree of life, Mercury’s sceptre, a compass with a triangle ruler, a cogwheel, a hand and an anvil, all found on the facade of the palace.
The Moskovits Palace has a basement, a high ground floor, a mezzanine and two floors. The basement was intended for storage areas, the first floor for shops, and storerooms, and in the courtyard, there used to be a small two-room apartment with a kitchen. The entrance, located on Traian Street, is made through a corridor at the end of which there is the main staircase. A second staircase is located in the wing parallel to the main one, in the courtyard. On the first floor and the second floor suspended galleries that surround the courtyard serve the apartments. These apartments were re-divided over time. Originally there were larger apartments with three
to five rooms facing the street, and towards the courtyard the services spaces (kitchen, pantry, maid’s room, etc.